Monday, May 19, 2014

Winding Down

On May 16th, my school's senior project board presentations were held and I gave my presentation for the final time. It wasn't nerve-wracking at all, actually! I'd written out my script the night before and memorized it in no time, then practiced in the morning and on the way. I was so much more prepared the second time around!

I walked in wearing my scuba gear over a sundress and Hawaiian shirt, and told them all about how I came up with the project idea, how I carried it out, my successes and failures, research I'd done, my final product, learning stretches, and many other topics! It was natural standing there speaking in front of Mr. Brauch (my three-year math teacher) and four other women also very interested in outdoor adventuring - two of the judges had also dove before too! It was a perfect set up!

All in all, I'm very fortunate to have had the experience of senior project. I got closer to my mentor on a somewhat professional level, I learned a brand new skill, and I am very happy with how things turned out!

Now that senior project is over, however, I'm going to discontinue focusing this blog primarily around the underwater world. There's an entire unexplored earth right at our fingertips, and diving isn't exactly the easiest or most accessible sport in Cincinnati! On June 1st at 5:00 Eastern time, a small group of me and my friends will leave for a backpacking trip out west in California where we'll be spending 18 days camping in Yosemite, the Redwoods, Sequoia, Gold Bluffs beach, Lake Tahoe, Zion, the Arches, and many many other locations. Roughing it will bring us all infinitely closer together, and we'll see parts of the country we've never imagined going to on our own. It's going to be the adventure of a lifetime, and I'm ready to tackle it full force.

Look out world, I'm coming for ya!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment